Construction Worker Shocked on the Job in Washington
The Washington Department of Labor and Industries has opened an investigation after a worker received an electric shock while remodeling the 11th floor of the downtown Spokane Paulsen Center earlier this month. The 11th floor is being remodeled to become executive offices for Inland Northwest Bank.
According to a report from The Spokesman-Review, the fire department responded to a report of a man who had been shocked and was in cardiac arrest and not breathing. The man, identified by family members as 25-year-old Mark Wilson, was resuscitated and taken to the hospital.
Wilson is married with two young children and was working as a journeyman apprentice for Merit Electric at the time of the accident. He was listed in stable condition last week and was expected to be transferred to medical rehabilitation soon.