Sample of Previous Cases
Electric Arc Flash:
Electrician received Arc Flash burns when installing new fuses, Oakland, CA.
- Qualified Electrician (QE) called to troubleshoot lights being off in retail store located in industrial warehouse..
- QE found that a single phase was dead, at each transformer disconnect.
- QE tested fuses and found that a blown fuse was the cause of the power loss.
- QE disconnected all known loads before replacing fuse.
- QE removed blown fuse replaced with spare fuse found in cabinet, when fuse holder was plugged in an Arc Flash occurred.
- Fuse holder was found to be rated at 300 volt, service was rated 480 volts, fuse holder damaged due to wrong application by others.
- Fuse holder was found to be load make and load break under proper voltage conditions, so no PPE required by QE..
- Arc Flash burns caused by previous installers carelessness and disregard for equipment voltage rating
- Mountain v. DP Electric / Perez v Carson Madrona, Injijian Law Firm, Defendant & Plaintiff, Susie Injijian Esq.